A quarterly newsletter for ISS students, alumni, faculty and staff
Vol. 1, Issue 1 Spring quarter 2018
Mel Wensel and Deborah Porter, ISS Co-directors
ISS Newsletter Team
AGE RANGE OF ISS STUDENTS:
Daniel McConnell, ISS Academic Adviser and ISS Alumnus '17
ISS Embedded Librarian—Reed Garber-Pearson!
Chelsea Spitzenberger and Danielle Manis, current ISS students
JUNE GRADUATION CEREMONIES
ISS students who applied for graduation in Autumn 17 or Winter, Spring, and Summer 18 are eligible to participate in UW Commencement on Saturday, June 9, 2018 and the ISS Graduation Celebration, on Sunday, June 10, from 10 am – 12:30 pm.
- ISS Alumna Alyssa Johnston (’17) is working to preserve her tribe’s language and cultural heritage.
- ISS Alumnus Rick Gentzkow (’17) is a recipient of the HUSKY 100 award!
- ISS Alumnus Daniel McConnell (’17) is the newest addition to the ISS Advising team. Welcome Daniel!
ISS FACULTY IN THE NEWS
- ISS Faculty Ralina Joeseph, Alexes Harris, Frances McCue, and Karam Dana win Awards of Excellence for 2018!
- Read Alexes Harris' opinion piece in the NY Times
- Read Michael Blake’s piece in The Conversation
INNOVATIVE ONLINE ADVISING
- ISS Advisers Aimee Kelly and Joe Hannah presented "Using Survey Data to Enhance Advising Practice," at the 2018 UW/Community College Advising Conference