Getting your Husky CardImage result for uw husky card

Students who are registered, or are eligible to register, in a UW online degree program may request a Photo Husky Card. How you go about getting your card depends on your proximity to the Seattle campus.

Can't come to campus? No problem!

Students who don't live in the Seattle area or who are not able to come to campus because of work responsibilities, etc., can still get a Husky Card. You can request the card by e-mail, and it will be sent to you by snail mail. This card will be a fully functioning card, the only exception is that cards requested by e-mail will show the phrase “Photo Not Verified” below the photo. If you would like to obtain a Photo Husky Card, please send an e-mail request to Registration Services at from your UW email address with Full Name & Student ID Number in the subject line.   Registration Services will verify your eligibility and forward your request to the Husky Card Account & ID Center for processing, who will contact you within 1-2 business days with further instructions. You’ll be required to submit both a picture of yourself in a .jpg photo file and a color scan of your driver’s license or passport, according to the photo requirements that they will provide to you.

Once complete, Registration Services will mail the card to the address listed in your MyUW account. If you do not receive the Husky Card from Registration Services within a few weeks, notify Registration Services and the Husky Card Office will send a replacement (no charge). If you lose your Husky Card and request a replacement, the Husky Card Office will charge your tuition account the standard $20 replacement fee and send a new card to Registration Services for mailing.

Live nearby? Then Come on Down!

If you are a student who lives in the Seattle metro area, it is recommended that you come in person to the Husky Card Center in Odegaard Library (near the By George café) to get your card.  Why?  If you get your card in person, it will not show the “Photo Not Verified” notation below your photo.  This means that it can function as a second piece of photo identification for you in contexts outside the UW.  That makes it a more valuable form of documentation to you. 

Here's the contact information for and directions to the Husky Card Counter:


As you may know, your Husky ID card is also your U-Pass.  Returning UWS students may remember the old ID cards with the U-Pass stickers on the back.  Those days are all gone!  Now we use the Orca system, and your Husky card has an antenna embedded in it that responds to the tap ‘n go readers on buses, light rail, Sounder trains, and the water taxis.  So if you want to use your U-Pass, be sure to get your Husky card!