Because ISS is a fee-based program at the University of Washington, ISS students do not use the regular UW registration system through MyUW or MyPlan. Instead, ISS students register for their classes using a unique online registration portal maintained by UW PCE, or by phone directly to PCE Registration (206-543-2310). The information below describes the processes for registering for different types of Online courses at the UW.
Please note these are tentative schedules subject to changes.
- 2017-18 ISS Course Schedule (updated 6/14/17)
- Autumn 2017 - Group and Individual Start Courses (updated 6/16/17)
- Winter 2018 - Group and Individual Start Courses (updated 10/16/2017)
Registration Tips and Reminders
Continuing ISS students
Review your Learning Plan before registering (you can access it on your UW Google Drive Account).
- Please check in with your adviser if you plan to change your schedule. Your Learning Plan requires approval so we know you’re staying on track and to stay in good standing as per our Continuation Policy.
- You will register after you attend a group advising meeting. At the group advising meeting you will get information on what courses you need to take your first quarter along with registration instructions. Please visit the Getting Started page to learn more!
Register early! We recommend registering no later than the week before classes start, and the earlier you are the more likely you are to get your first choice of classes.
Not sure about the difference between ISS, Group Start, and Individual Start courses? Check out this page to learn more!
WARNING ON EXAMS for GROUP AND INDIVIDUAL START COURSES: Some Group and Individual Start courses do require in-person mid-terms and/or finals. If you are a local student, you may come to campus to take exams. If you are not local, you should let your instructor know immediately so that you may work with UWEO to arrange for an exam proctor in your area. This does not apply to ISS major courses.
More questions? Check our Registration FAQ if you don't see the answer you need below.
- After registration: After you submit your registration request, it typically takes 1-2 business days for you to be enrolled in your courses, and then another couple of days for you to be enrolled in your Canvas courses. This is a good reason to register early! Don't panic if your classes don't show up right away. If a couple days have gone by you can call the UW Professional and Continuing Education Registration office to check on the status of your registration request at 206-543-5310.
How to register for ISS Major and Group Start Classes
Please use the online registration portal to register for your ISS major courses and for Group Start courses. (PLEASE NOTE: You will be receiving an e-mail from the ISS advising team each quarter alerting you when registration will open. If you visit the online portal before that date, you will only see registration information from the prior quarter.)
Remember, if you need to register for group start classes, the online registration portal will list an incorrect fee. Rest assured that you will only be charged your regular program rate. Be sure to check your transaction summary to make sure it is correct.
- You may also register by email or by phone. Email: email@example.com. Phone: 206-543-2310. Do NOT email credit card information!
For descriptions of these courses, please consult the UW general catalog. Courses are listed alphabetically by offering department:
Determine the individual start class you want to sign up for using the appropriate course list (linked under "Course Schedules" near the top of this page).
Find the 6-digit course registration number. (This number is different each quarter and is necessary when you fill out the registration form.) First, find the course on the UW PCE Course site (listed alphabetically by title), then click through until you get to the current schedule information. (Please ignore the course fee listed. You will pay only your ISS program fee.) Record the 6-digit course registration number for use on the phone or in email. If you cannot find the 6-digit course registration number, call the Registration Office.
You may register by email or by phone. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 206-543-2310. Do NOT email credit card information!
- If you are paying with financial aid, please also complete and submit the Payment Agreement form.
This form is in PDF format and can be filled out using the comment feature. Select comment on the right menu, then select T on the top menu for filling in text. The easiest way to submit these forms is by FAX. If you scan and email the forms, DO NOT fill out the fields for social security number or credit card information, because email is NOT secure. You will need to follow up your email with a phone call to Registration to provide this confidential information. Important Reminders about Individual Start Courses
Individual start courses that are not completed by the end of the quarter in which you have received aid to pay for them can play havoc with your financial aid eligibility.
- When you register, make sure that you make it clear to UWEO Registration that you wish to enroll as a student in the online ISS program. This will ensure that you are charged the appropriate course fee.
More questions? Check our Registration FAQ if you don't see the answer you need on this page.